|Steel Grade||AISI 4140/DIN 1.7225/JIS SCM440/GB 42CrMo|
|Size & Dimension||Dia:20-120mm L:2000-5800mm|
|Technique||Cold/Hot rolled, Cold-Drawn or Hot Forged|
|Heat Treatment||Annealed; Quenched; Tempered|
|Delivery Condition||Hot Rolled or Forged/Peeled or Black Surface/Annealed or QT|
|AVAILABLE Steel Type||Round bar/Plate|
Round bar: Diameter(mm) Max 800mm; Length(mm) Max 12000mm.
Plate: Thickness(mm) Max 800mm; Width(mm) Max 2300mm; Length(mm) Max 12000mm.
Condition: Cold rolled(drawn)≤50mm, Hot rolled≤12-250mm, Hot forged≥50mm.
AISI 4140/DIN 1.7225 Introduction:
AISI 4140 alloy steel is chromium, molybdenum, manganese containing low alloy steel. It has high fatigue strength, abrasion and impact resistance, toughness, and torsional strength.
Fabrication and Heat Treatment:
Preheat the steel carefully, then raise the temperature to 1150-1200°C for forging. Do not forge below 850°C.
Heat the AISI 4140 slowly to 800-850°C and allow enough time for the steel to be thoroughly heated. Cool slowly in the furnace to 480°C followed by air cooling.
3. Stress Relieving
When parts are heavily machined, ground or otherwise subject to cold work, stress relieving will be beneficial prior to hardening.
AISI 4140 steel is usually supplied ready heat treated to 18-22HRC. If further heat treatment is required annealed AISI 4140 should be heated slowly to 840-875°C and after adequate soaking at this temperature quench in oil. Temper as soon as the tools reach room temperature.
Heat the AISI 4140 carefully to a suitable temperature selected by reference to a tempering chart or table (usually between 550-700°C, soak at the temperature for 2 hours per 25mm of ruling section, then allow to cool in air. Tempering between 250-375°C is not advised as tempering within this range will seriously reduce the impact value.
6. Surface Treatment
Plate: Origin Black, Orign cold rolled bright, Machined, Grinded
Bar: Origin Black, Orign cold rolled(drawn) bright, Turned, Peeled, Grinded
(1) Professional production and wholesale of products with high quality and at reasonable prices to reduce the intermediate links and yield the profits to front line customers!
(2) Customers may specify at discretion the desired length of steel or other requirements!
(3) Gas cutting, sawing, laser cutting and other ancillary services are provided upon request!
(4) Every process will be checked by responsible QC which insures every product's quality.
(5) Professional packing teams which keep every packing safely.
(6) We run business as usual on holidays to shorten lead time!
(7) The Company engages in overall tracking of the quality of the steel sold by us to dismiss your concerns!
(8) The steel materials supplied by the Company are accompanied with the original material certificates issued by the steel mills!
(9) Samples can be provided as your requirements
|Tel :||+86 15824687445|